The pros and cons of electric cars are a hot debate these days due to the weak EV sales results in January. Are EVs ready for prime time? The answer is yes and no, depending on your perspective.
Read update: Electric Cars Pros and Cons
Read update: Electric Cars Pros and Cons Tesla
Many of the early adopters were environmentalists and energy security advocates that wanted to purchase these cars for the pros:
- Zero emissions or reduced emissions, if 100% EV or hybrid EV respectfully
- Domestic electric energy to power the EV
- The simplicity and comfort of home EV charging
- The ongoing EV fuel savings and maintenance savings
These are the all-powerful pros of electric cars that EV enthusiasts espouse in varying combinations. Read about the Electric Car Revolution at EV News Report
Electric car cons are:
- EVs are too expensive
- Range anxiety, the EV does not have a far enough range on a battery charge
- It takes too long to recharge an EV battery
- There is not enough public charging infrastructure
- The added expense of a home level II charging system
- There is no or not enough level II charging infrastructure or outlets at apartment/commercial parking lot
- EV technology needs more time to improve
All these electric car cons are being addressed, but they are going to take more time to fully rectify. The EV revolution will gain speed as each electric car pro and con is magnified or reduced respectfully. In the long-run, technology always seems to surprise on the upside. As many have said, did you ever think that we would have such powerful computing on a small phone? There are many more pros than cons coming to the future of electric cars. We may not shrink future cars down to the size of an iPhone, but the iPhone will be doing a lot more communicating with the EV.
About EV News Report
Electric vehicles are driving the change to a clean green sustainable future for the United States and the world. Tesla CEO Elon Musk and other EV stars have launched a revolution. At EV News Report, you will see daily updates on the happenings of the industry, including Tesla news, LEAF news, and all the leading EV industry players.
For more, please visit Energy Department.