Coastal Flood Warning remains in effect until 7 AM PST Monday.
High Surf Warning remains in effect until 4 AM PST Monday.
- Coastal flooding: is expected along the coast especially in the vicinity of Mill Valley, Sausalito, low spots along the Great Highway, Rio del Mar and the Pajaro Dunes community.
- Waves and surf: swells 13 to 16 feet with a period of 17 seconds through at least early Monday.
- Timing: large swells will persist into early Monday morning.
- High Surf impacts: excessive wave run up is expected with this swell with long lulls in between wave sets, increasing the risk being washed in to the sea by a wave. Also strong rip currents will be possible with these waves.
- Coastal flooding impacts: inundation of low lying areas along the coast by sea water.
A High Surf Warning indicates that dangerous, battering wave will pound the shoreline. This will result in very dangerous swimming conditions, and deadly Rip currents.
A Coastal Flood Warning means that flooding is occurring or imminent. Coastal residents in the warned area should be alert for rising water, and take appropriate action to protect life and property.
This article is a Sustainable Race repost, credit: National Weather Service.